Best GCE A Level Tuition in Singapore
Singapore's #1 established home tuition agency
Over 55,000 active tuition teachers with PhD, Master's, Bachelor's, or MOE teachers for the subject you want tuition in.
Parents, MOE teachers, and students trust us to deliver improved grades. Fast.
Tutors Singapore is an experienced, committed and responsible tutor agent.
We take your education and academic success seriously.
Exam questions these days are usually set quite differently from the syllabus. It is also getting more and more difficult to answer the application questions
We have 22,000+ experienced & qualified tutors who specialize in only GCE A Level tuition for the following:
GCE A Level General Paper Tuition
GCE A Level English Language & Linguistics Tuition
GCE A Level Physics Tuition
GCE A Level Biology Tuition
GCE A Level Chemistry Tuition
GCE A Level Economics Tuition
GCE A Level History Tuition
GCE A Level Geography Tuition
GCE A Level Literature Tuition
GCE A Level Mathematics Tuition
GCE A Level Chinese Tuition
GCE A Level Malay Tuition
GCE A Level Tamil Tuition
H1 Level Tuition
H2 Level Tuition
H3 Level Tuition
Experienced private tutors in Singapore
Primary 1 private tuition
Primary 2 private tuition
Primary 3 private tuition
Primary 4 private tuition
Primary 5 private tuition
Primary 6 private tuition
PSLE private tuition
Secondary 1 private tuition
Secondary 2 private tuition
Secondary 3 private tuition
Secondary 4 private tuition
GCE O Level private tuition
Junior College JC1 private tuition
Junior College JC2 private tuition
GCE A Level tuition
International Baccalaureate IB tuition Singapore
Integrated Programme IP tuition
Polytechnic modules private tuition
University modules private tuition
Face-to-face/In-person private tuition
Hire The Best 1 to 1 Home Tuition Teacher
- Request now, score higher grades sooner
- Receive profiles of good experienced tutors within 6 hours
- Qualified, committed & professional tuition teachers. Best reviews
- Singapore's biggest database of 55,000+ private tutors
- MOE teachers, graduated/undergraduate tutors with Bachelor's, Master's PhD in the subject they teach
- Results guaranteed
Private tuition Singapore tutors: Please ensure that you have registered at: https://tutors-singapore.com/tuition-assignments-best-highest-hourly-rates/
We are not able to accept any A Level tuition teacher registrations through this Hire Tutors form. Thank you.
Singapore's largest team of 22,000+ experienced tuition teachers who specialize in teaching only GCE A Level subjects
Hire guaranteed successful GCE A Level tuition teachers. Improve your grades within the first month
Why we are the #1 home tuition agency in Singapore
Experienced home tutors
Largest active tutor database in Singapore, to suit your requests
Tutor profiles within 6 hours
Quality customer service
Fast, responsive customer service from our friendly tuition coordinators
Service and best tuition rates
$0 agency fees involved, at the most reasonable tuition rates in town
Qualified tuition teachers
Our strict shortlisting process ensures only the top list of tutors make it to you, guaranteed!
Challenges faced by GCE A Level students in Singapore
> Only 70% of each Junior College cohort is accepted into the 6 local government-funded universities. The remaining 30% will continue their tertiary education at private institutions
> About 30% of each Polytechnic cohort will be admitted into the local universities
> The starting and mid-career salaries between those who obtained their Bachelor’s from the local universities and private institutions can vary by as much as 40%
> The 2-year sprint toward the GCE A Levels often leads those who scored above 10 points at their O Levels, to frantically trying to memorize H2 and H1 exam answers written by students from the elite junior colleges
> Anxiety levels rise each time assignments cannot be completed in time, and students dread the marks that they might achieve. Teachers in Junior College often expect more from their students, and it is sometimes difficult to find the answers that teachers want
> About 38% of each age cohort are accepted into junior colleges and the Millenia Institute. Some of these higher-achieving Junior College students will find that while they had been scoring much better marks than many of their peers in Secondary School, they are now ranked in the middle or lower-middle of their Junior College classes
> All Junior College students know that the content in JC is much harder than at Secondary School. But JC content is much easier than university-level modules. For some students, their academic future seems bleak – if they cannot even clear the JC-level content comfortably, how will they cope when or if they are able to get a place in university?
> Entry to good universities in Singapore and overseas does not depend on academic grades only. The student’s portfolio of achievements outside academic classes is always reviewed by the university admissions staff, should there be a few students with similar academic accomplishments applying for the same limited places in coveted courses. In order to be even considered for their portfolio achievements, they must first have done well academically. So no matter what, every student needs to score good grades in order to be allowed to proceed further than their A Levels
Benefits of engaging a reliable GCE A Level tuition teacher
Just when you have finished preparing for one quiz, there is another coming up in 2 weeks’ time. Every day, new homework assignments and projects are added to a never-ending to-do list.
You can keep up, but just barely. This is stressful, especially when you dread the day when you cannot finish your homework in time because you don’t have the answers to the questions that your teachers asked.
Worse, your classmates – who are in your class because you had previously been achieving similar grades to theirs – are able to get the answers right. Very discouraging.
For many GCE A Level students, keeping up with the fast lesson pace in JC is one of the struggles that they face in school. Often, they are forced to move on to the next topic before they can fully understand what has just been taught. With A Level tuition in Singapore, the tutor can run through the content and correct any errors that the students have.
Good A Level tuition teachers will give you 1 to 1 attention, so that you can ask them how to solve those difficult homework and exam problems. Competent GCE A Level tuition teachers are familiar with the common misconceptions and mistakes made by A Level students, and can tell you what to avoid.
They already have a Bachelor’s (or are about to get one). Or they might have a Master’s or PhD in the subject that they are teaching you.
As they are experienced in teaching students in your academic level, they can easily and clearly explain to you what you need to know and do in order to gain much higher marks.
Your GCE A Level tuition teachers would also have materials to share with you – whether they are exam or homework assignments from other schools, or recommendations to buy workbooks that are most suitable for you to practice on, in order to gain mastery of the tricky concepts.
With GCE A Level tuition, you can get instant clarification in concepts that are difficult to understand.
You can also receive customised lesson plans tailored to suit your unique learning style and understanding of the different Junior College topics, so that you may better absorb the content and understand the concepts.
Your GCE A Level tuition teachers are very familiar with the latest MOE syllabus and newest exam requirements. They have been teaching for between 2 to over 30 years and can identify the areas that you should focus on, according to your grade targets and pace of learning.
Achieve a good grasp of all your GCE A Level content, revise intensively, and learn important exam skills and answering techniques.
GCE A Level subjects can include content that is challenging for many students. Our A Level tuition teachers are experienced in teaching students at your academic level. They are familiar with the common misconceptions and mistakes made by Junior College students.
Double-checking your answers is useful only if you know how to look out for the answers that the MOE really wants you to give.
Learn how to accurately analyze the questions, so that you can arrive at the answers that give you maximum marks.
Professional GCE A Level tuition teachers are able to show you how Junior College concepts are applied when answering difficult exam questions.
You lost interest and became frustrated only because much of the syllabus did not make sense.
Once there is clarity and you are able to perform the simple and then the advanced tasks, your sense of achievement will lead you to better grades and even stronger mastery of Maths, Chinese, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Principles of Accounting, General Paper, Economics, Geography, History, Literature, Mother Tongue, Malay, and Tamil.
Your GCE A Level tuition teacher will work on your weak areas, and can show you a wide range of question types that you need to be familiar with, in order to score maximum marks. Your JC2 tutor will show you methods to think on your feet so that you can answer a variety of questions based on the content and knowledge you currently know about the subject. Through effective GCE A Level tuition, you can be better prepared for both standard and unconventional questions that appear in the examinations.
With such simulations and intensive revision of the content in the syllabus, students can be sure to perform well in their GCE A Levels.
Many Junior College students fear speaking up during lessons and asking questions due to their fear of being laughed at in class.
GCE A Level tuition teachers will help students to have a better understanding of their lessons in school.
This gives them the confidence of answering questions when faced with unexpectedly challenging problems during school exams and the GCE A Level exams.
Our qualified GCE A Level tuition teachers are experienced and have thorough understanding of the common problems faced by Junior College students.
They will be able to dissect difficult GCE A Level topics into simpler concepts, and customize learning materials to improve students’ understanding of these topics.
Increase your ability to give the RIGHT answers that your school exams and GCE A Level exams require of you.
Hire the most reliable and professional Junior College tutors, to help you succeed.
Topics covered by Tutors Singapore's GCE A Level tuition teachers
GCE A Level General Paper & English Language Topics
General Paper: Analytical and Writing Skills Across Humanities, Science & Technology, Current Affairs, and all the most important concepts
English Language & Linguistics: Construction And Analysis Of Meanings In Different Modes Of Communication (Spoken, Written, And Multimodal), and all the most important concepts
Literature: Critically analyse and evaluate ways in which writers’ choices of form, structure and language shape
meanings, all the most important concepts
Consistent improvement - even for difficult GCE A Level subjects
Important skills taught by Tutor Singapore's patient GCE A Level tuition teachers
Importance of getting good A Level tuition
Education in Singapore can be overwhelming and stressful, whether you are striving to maintain an A grade, or want to avoid the risk of having weaker grades.
Just as hiring the right tutor can help you confidently achieve your grade objectives, engaging the wrong tutor can bring much misery when the student receives less than stellar grades at junior college school or national exams.
GCE A Level subjects are the first important building blocks that students must master before they start to study even more challenging content when they eventually start their university modules. Students in Junior College need to take up to 5 subjects, of which at least 4 must be content-based (for example, a combination of three H2 and one H1 subject). It is not possible to do well in any of them at your A Levels if you had difficulty understanding the content that was taught at JC1.
Getting accepted into a good university and course of your choice is a very competitive process. No matter what changes are made to the syllabus, curriculum, or exam requirements, as long as demand exceeds the supply of places in a university, the students will have to fight for that place - whether through academic grades or other skills that are considered by the MOE to be important for holistic development.
Teachers in Junior Colleges have to teach large class sizes. Even tutorial classes are not small. It is debatable whether smaller class sizes would truly help students when they are learning content that they are not familiar with, or have no interest in.
No matter what aptitude or academic talents a child has, it is important for every student to master General Paper, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Literature, History, Chinese, Tamil, Malay, Mother Tongue, and/or Principles of Accounting at Junior College level. This is not just for the sake of MOE requirements, but for one's overall career aspirations, whether the student is aiming to earn a PhD, or a Bachelor's. In order to accomplish any of these goals, every student has to successfully complete Junior College.
Feeling lost when encountering the JC1 or JC2 syllabus is not a viable option because the helplessness and weak grade will snowball and become worse with each month.
Start helping your child today, to master skills so that they can confidently conquer learning material that is guaranteed to be even more challenging when the major exams are approaching.
Choosing the right A Level tuition teacher
- Our GCE A Level tuition teachers range from current & former MOE teachers to undergraduate & graduated tutors (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD) majoring in the subject that you are seeking tuition for. Every tutor whose profile we will show you has a strong record of helping their students’ marks increase. They scored A’s for their own GCE A Level exams, and can teach you effective exam tips and techniques so that you can achieve a quick boost to your grades
- To aid your selection, Tutors Singapore will recommend only tutors who have relevant degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD) in the subjects they teach. Each tutor must also have a track record of helping their students’ grades improve
- The MOE changes the syllabus whenever there is a need to be current with industry/the economy’s needs, trends and developments
- These changes affect the GCE A Level subject content – and importantly – the exam requirements and answer formats of Mathematics, General Paper, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Literature, History, Chinese, Malay, Tamil, Mother Tongue, and Principles of Accounting
- It is crucial that the GCE A Level tuition teacher is familiar with the most updated syllabus, and that what they teach during tuition does not contradict what is taught in your junior college
- When providing recommendations of carefully-shortlisted tuition teachers, Tutors Singapore will describe the relevant teaching experience of our tutors to assure you of their abilities to help students at your level to progress academically, and achieve higher grades
- The syllabus, content and examination practices differ for each level of education
- Our A Level tuition teachers are familiar with the newest MOE syllabus, and they have taught students at your academic level
- Tutors Singapore accepts tutor applications only when the tuition teacher has a degree (or is in the process of obtaining a degree) in the subject that they teach. This is to ensure that the private tutor has the necessary knowledge and expertise to adequately teach the correct content as well as to help the student arrive at error-free answers when responding to important exam questions
- For GCE A Level students, many of them are frustrated with not being able to instinctively understand the content that is taught by their school teachers
- When providing recommendations of carefully-shortlisted A Level tuition teachers, Tutors Singapore will describe the relevant teaching experience of our tutors to assure you of their abilities to help students at your level to progress academically, and achieve higher grades
- Homework is given by school teachers so that their students can practice what was taught in school. It is important to be up to date in doing your homework, so that you can internalize the content. When you hand in your homework, you will find out if you managed to correctly understand what was taught in school. Knowing this helps tremendously when you are revising content for your school exams and for the national exams. Revision is not useful if you are learning and re-learning the wrong concepts that you think are right. Giving your teacher the wrong answers will not help you gain higher marks
- Tutors Singapore’s GCE A Level tuition teachers are experienced and have strong knowledge of the exact skills and content that a student will need to excel in each of the chapters that you must master, in order to do well in your exams. Our tutors are also able to create personalized learning schedules, so that their students are able to understand, absorb and retain new knowledge, more efficiently and within a short period of time
- Our GCE A Level tuition teachers have between 2 to 30+ years of experience in teaching students who are often from different schools. These tutors have accumulated notes and past year papers that they can provide to you for additional practice. Some tutors also prepare mind maps, common questions and pitfalls in past year papers, as well as self-designed practices referenced from assessment books
- Tutors Singapore will indicate if the tutor is able to provide materials and resources for their students, in our tutors’ profiles
- Students each have different starting points as well as grade goals. Some students want to consistently score an A, and some students are aiming to get a C or a B for their national exams. Your GCE A Level tuition teacher will evaluate your learning needs, and will suggest workbooks and practice sheets that are most suitable for you so that you can master content that will help you quickly achieve your grade targets
- It is important that the GCE A Level tuition teacher puts in the best effort when guiding and teaching you. A dedicated tuition teacher will ask pertinent questions in order to know which areas you are struggling with. A committed tutor is punctual and rarely would suggest that the lesson has to be re-scheduled. Competent tutors have scored A in the subject(s) they are teaching when they took their GCE A Level exams, and they would have at least a Bachelor’s in the same subject that they are now teaching. This means that their professional knowledge of the subject(s) they are teaching can help you achieve better grades, whether you are in JC1 or in the graduating class of JC2
- When recommending A Level tuition teachers, Tutors Singapore will facilitate communication between you and the tutor to ensure that both parties have a common understanding of expectations before confirming the tuition arrangements
- It is often the best for you to continue with one good tutor if the A Level tuition teacher is capable of teaching you and has already built a connection with you. This will ensure that you can benefit the most from his/her lessons since the tutor will be more familiar with your weaknesses and strengths, and can work on them throughout the subsequent academic levels
- We show tutor profiles only when they had received good feedback from parents and students. The quality of the tutor is very important to your academic success
- Tutors Singapore removes from our database the details of tutors who did not receive positive comments
Tutors Singapore provides GCE A Level tuition teachers all across Singapore.
Start A Level tuition at the convenience of your own home, now.
Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today, taught by Singapore's most popular A Level tuition teachers.
Tutors Singapore home tuition has a large pool of 22,000+ experienced and skilled GCE A Level tuition teachers who have helped their students achieve a jump of 2 to 3 grades. Some junior college students managed to score distinctions despite previous failing marks.
Experience a transformation in your GCE A Level grades, now.
Acquiring a stronger foundation in GCE A Level subjects is possible, when you hire committed, caring and professional tuition teachers.
Confidently find the best quality GCE A Level tuition teachers through Tutors Singapore today.
Pick your ideal tutor from the 4 to 10 tuition teacher profiles that we will show you, and begin achieving better grades (and start a much happier educational journey) within this week.
Start gaining marks today - with professional A Level tuition
Tutors Singapore - The Number 1 A Level Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
What to expect from Tutors Singapore's GCE A Level tuition teachers
Pick your ideal tutor from our database of 22,000+ experienced A Level tuition teachers
Develop sharp analytical skills. Acquire tried and tested essential methods to think deeply, study, and thoroughly revise. Produce concise, relevant, and accurate answers to vital interlinking elements throughout the A Level syllabus
Latest MOE syllabus and newest exam requirements
Committed and expert tutoring to mentor and guide you to steadily and quickly achieve your grade targets
Real-world applications of concepts that are found within and beyond your textbooks, to help you write sophisticated answers to unexpectedly difficult questions
Easy methods of remembering large amounts of content for the A Level exams
Proven methods to scoring well for each component of A Level subjects. Effective studying and examination tactics to conquer A Levels
Practice expert techniques for responding to structured and application questions. Gain more marks for school and national exams, faster
Learn the most useful exam tips and tricks from GCE A Level tutors in the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home
1 to 1 A Level tuition lessons = Devoted focus and attention from your patient and dedicated tutor
Get clear explanations of concepts during A Level tuition. Master difficult content from every chapter. No more homework frustrations
Fun and engaging A Level tuition lessons that motivate students to learn “boring” subjects
Receive a practical customized study schedule tailored to your learning styles and needs. No more lagging behind school lessons
Learn ahead of the syllabus, so that when your school teacher covers it in class, you do not fear the new and unfamiliar content
Step by step, patient explanations at the learning pace you prefer